To do this work we have created a team of Community Navigators. They will work with local people to provide enhanced and co-ordinated approaches to violence prevention and reduction. They will deliver pilot projects and support violence reduction partnerships to help them thrive.
Working for the VRU, the Navigators will be a vital point of contact and provide funding support for new initiatives. The team will be supported by Community Safety Partnerships across the region.
In these places we will…
- Coordinate a range of violence prevention and reduction activity in areas such as health, sport, education and criminal justice.
- Identify funding opportunities and ways to maximise existing resources. This might include significant involvement from the private, community and voluntary sector.
- Develop community engagement that enables people living locally to contribute to decision making in their area.
- Work to ensure the support people receive is joined up, comprehensive and consistent.
- Share best practice.
- Fully understand the challenges faced by local communities to ensure we can offer tailored support.
- Develop and test new and innovative violence reduction and prevention approaches.
If you are interested in finding out more about the work in each parts of our region or simply want to get in touch, please use on the map below: